CSA Code of Ethics
Since 1947 the Crescenta Sports Association has grown to a present size of over 800 youth and adults. Through the continued efforts of interested citizens of our community, and the great games of baseball and softball, it is hoped the program will continue to grow and provide a meaningful experience for our youth.
The Boys’ and Girls’ Baseball/Softball Programs in Crescenta Valley are sponsored by the Crescenta Sports Association Baseball and CSA Softball. This program is operated on a volunteer basis by local men and women who are interested in seeing boys and girls play baseball/softball and develop their skills and their confidence within their own ability groups, in such a manner that it is enjoyable.
IT IS THE DUTY OF ALL CONCERNCED WITH CSA ATHLETICS:
1. To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
2. To eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
3. To stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
4. To show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
5. To establish a happy relationship between visitors and host.
6. To respect the integrity and judgment of sports officials.
7. To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and the standards of eligibility.
8. To encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment by the players on a team.
9. To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the individual players.
10. To remember that an athletic contest is only a game-not a matter of life and death for a player, coach, school, officials, fan, community, state or nation.